YES, THERE IS SUCH A THING...ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS & VERY EXPENSIVE...I ATE IT AT A NEW UPMARKET LOCAL RESTAURANT ON SATURDAY NIGHT...THE SMALL AMOUNT ON THE TASTING PLATE COST $8...I JUST LOVE NORMAL BEETROOT AND HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO PULL ONE OR TWO OUT OF THE GARDEN, WASH & EAT ON THE SPOT...I WOULD LOVE TO GET HOLD OF SOME GOLDEN BEETROOT...BUT FROM WHERE...THE CHEF DID GIVE ME A SMALL SAMPLE BUT WAS NOT AT ALL FORTHCOMING WITH ANY INFORMATION EXCEPT TO SAY HE HAS A 'SECRET' SUPPLIER IN SYDNEY...IT IS A VERY OLD CULTIVAR ORIGINATING IN THE BOGS OF THE UK BUT THAT'S ALL I COULD FIND OUT...SO IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW
3 comments:
Hi Kazz,
I am not sure if you would know who I am... I am Arlene's roommate from college in Davis. I follow her site and check in on yours via the link on her blog. Now here is where things get a little confusing.... my mom checks out my blog and then surfs to Arlene's to read about the girls and then on to yours to check out your beautiful pics. She doesn't want to sign up for an account and thus can't post comments on any of our sites so this next bit is from my mom....you can find your golden beetroot at Chiltern Seeds in the UK. I presume my mom found this info on the net. Good luck and keep the pics coming. Your blog is a ton of fun- makes me want to visit your beautiful country!
Susan
HI SUSAN & MUM...NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU...THANKS FOR THE INFO...I WILL BE IN THE UK NEXT JUNE FOR A WEDDING SO I'LL CHECK IT OUT...I'M SURE ARLENE WOULD HAVE MENTIONED YOU ALONG THE WAY...I ALWAYS ENJOY BROWSING HER LINKS SO NOW IT'LL BE LIKE WE'VE MET IN PERSON...KINDA...MAYBE YOU'D BETTER COME VISIT SOMETIME...THERE WERE BALLOONS AT THE GATE AGAIN THIS MORNING & ALTHOUGH I LOVE TO WATCH THEM TAKE OFF & FLOAT AWAY I THINK I'D BETTER SAVE THEM FOR WHEN I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE TO BLOG...AT THE MOMENT I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT TODAY'S POST WILL BE...DECISIONS...DECISIONS
I love that my friends who haven't met can be friends on the internet. And that Susan's mom reads my blog. Hi Mrs. D!
Post a Comment